Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I think I found a "new" career!

OK so FINALLY someone has come through for all the ladies out there! I mean Men have ESPN, they have poker nights, they have action movies, they have gambling websites, they have fantasy sport leagues.....but move over bacon....now there is something meatier..... I have officially joined an US Weekly Fantasy League (which will be referred to as UWFL). From the minute I saw the subject line on the email I knew I was in, forget how much it costs, how much time it will expend, forget all the rules and regulations SIGN ME UP!

It is seriously the BEST thing ever.....It is just one more way to get wrapped up in this fantasy world known as Hollywood! And this league is no joke, I mean I had to sign up as a team with someone else just so I could "get in" this exclusive club..... There are rules, there is a draft that happens to gain your celebrity team (I still have high anxiety over how stressful that was :) ), there are drops/adds that can be made every week depending on what new train wreck decides to enter the Celebrity world, there is a commissioner, there is points to be tallied, and best of all there are spreadsheets upon spreadsheets (okay I know a little ridiculous, but that's just me.)

So my teammate and I drafted a pretty nice team, the big joke is that Chris secretly would want to be soooo involved in this and my team mate and I taunt him with how fun it is......The biggest mistake of the draft was that everyone was choosing girls and guess who slipped through the cracks ....that's right Mr. Brad Pitt didn't get selected until pick number 13.....I still could kick myself for that one.....anyway the reason I state that is because I have enclosed some commentary that I want to preserve just for the shear fact that I laughed so obnoxiously loud when I was at work reading these emails that I was worried I would have to explain my behavior and the tears rolling down my face to my co-workers, but this my friend is why I married my hubbie.....

email from Chris - when teammate and I taunted him that we were going to go out and eat dinner and go score our points for the first week alone......we joked that he would just be standing outside the window drooling wishing he could be part....


Or....Jake eats at home with all the kids and Chris (yes, 3rd person, I'm that important)sits outside the restaurant window and waits for Kelly and Cherie to add up their points and then realize that they just lost by a point. Then Chris holds up an 8 x 10 glossy head shot of Mr.
Brad Pitt (who was in the V.I.P section not once but twice)and slams it against the window and yells "How about them apples!"? Then, feeling good about himself, Chris walks away with his best pal Ben Afleck.

Then this was his pep talk before the inaugural UWFL week.

No worries. You kids will do just fine. Remember, you've been training your whole life for this day. Tracy B? She's no obstacle, she's an opportunity. An opportunity to show these ladies what you two are made of. So as dawn approaches tomorrow morn, remember where you came from, and most importantly, where you're going. You're going to win this damn thing. Not just win it, but conquer it. The hopes and dreams of all the little girls and future subscribers are laying at your feet. Now is your time to stand up on those feet and kick some Tracy B booty! You two have made me proud. God bless tabloid journalism!

And after week one - it was everything I could have hoped for and more! I have never had such enjoyment out of reading this magazine - which you should know is at the top of my list anyway! So after week one I would just like to gloat and share the following response for all the glory because I am sure Katie Holmes will keep wearing those boyfriend jeans and ending up in fashion police section which in turn gives my team negative points!

Week #1 big winners:
The Kelly/Cherie Team – Kelly and Cherie had an amazing week with 20 points! Unbelievable. These girls killed everyone and did it with the best line-up of all. 8 of their celebrities appeared in this week’s issue and they were able to beat out the stacked coverage of Britney, Jennifer, and
Brad! Blake Lively and Heidi Klum were hot and gave them 10 of their 20 points. Awesome job!

I can only hope that I someday can become the commissioner and make this available to all my friends and family! I will keep you posted on if I can make this happen!

No comments: