Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reasons I feel ancient lately.....

#1. My immune system is that of an Aid's patient. Three weeks in a row I have had some sort of illness....this weeks disease du jour.....common head cold/cough.

#2. When my daughter asks me "Was mickey mouse in black and white when you were a kid?"

#3. When taking Brooke out to the movies for V-day she turns to me and says "Did they even
have movie theatres in the olden days when you were a kid?"

#4. The fact that I have been in bed by 9 p.m. the past two nights.

#5. Brooke discussing the the Mickey mouse song with Brady "Brady they didn't have hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog.....way back when it used to be something like M-I-C (see you real soon) K-E-Y (why because we like you) M-O-U-S-E

#6. Brooke sounding flabbergasted when we told her cartoons used to only be on Saturday morning......

#7. Meeting with my financial advisor this morning, reviewing policies and plans and hearing him tell me the year I would be 65 and it not sounding that far away.......(excuse me while I swallow the puke that just came up as I typed that) yikes!

Perhaps a calgon bath in the fountain will come my way!

No comments: