Monday, July 13, 2009

It was a little under"cooked" for me....

So I will admit it I love American Idol, everything about it, and I am also not going to deny my love for a celebrity siting. So last week I had the opportunity to have both come into play in one night. I got a call.... "Be ready at 7 we are leaving to go meet David Cook" my only response was "you betcha!" Didn't ask why or where or how....just let's go......but then soon after I got another call "Um Sheryl Crow just called and wants David to come on stage with her so David won't meet us at the bar until an hour after we thought" Really?? Is this really happening.....so to say the least I was excited.....probably a bit too much for my age - I mean seriously it is embarrassing as I type this a 36 year old going on road trip to see some twenty some year old with a bunch of my neighbors former high school students??? Sounds like a bad Farrelly brother movie.......
At any rate we went........we were nervous....... then he shows up.........and it was a bit anti-climatic. I don't know if it was the Michael Jackson sensation that swept the nation that week but as this former Idol that I watched come into stardom walks in wearing his BVD white T and baseball cap like any other tool. I was like what am I fretting for?? He has no moonwalk, no sparkling glove, no mamasay mamasa moomakasa, no sidewalks that light up when he walks on them.....Just a guy from KC who hopped on the lucky train, I am not doubting his talent - he has got it, I am just saying there wasn't the aura and cloud of smoke following him in......
He was nice, but you could tell he was preoccupied, texting and emailing though all conversations as if he was making peace talks with the United Nations - I mean what could be that important.......But after I thought about it I am sure this guy has better things to do than to hang out politely until we finally bug him to take his picture so we can leave with evidence in hand..... He did share some good cat fight idol stories as well as confirmed that Simon's boobs are really as big as they appear on TV......All in all I would do it again, it wasn't as if he was a jerk, just a normal guy with not a bunch of pizazz on a random Thursday night.

Here it is folks.....one Mr. non pizazzed David Cook....

These were members of his band and were much more happy and outgoing to talk about the gravy train they are currently riding on.....
Seriously I want to submit this to US Magazine's section "Stars they are just like us" section and I can see the caption now....... David picks his nose....just like us!
This was Nikki the hour before we met him.....you know when Sheryl called and delayed the whole gig.......Thanks a lot Ms. Crow......

And an Ode to the girl that made it all happen, this is the former student who is "REALLY" friends with him and the rest of the AI Crew.....


No comments: