Monday, July 20, 2009

The need for speed!

We were able to escape for a few days at a family friend's lake house last week and it came with all the water toy fixings.......We got to water ski, ride the wave runners, eat dinner and cruise the lake on their pontoon boat, and roast some smores at night....it was great to get away and enjoy the few nice days were got blessed with this unseasonably cool summer!! Here are some pix of the getaway...

Like a kid in a candy shop - water toys galore!!
Kids and Grandma out by the water...

All I am saying is watch out.....This chick got on this wave runner and didn't want to get off. She had no fears and her only request was to GO FASTER!! We had the thing going full blast (around 50 mph) and she was screaming her head off "yeah baby yeah" I think literally gray hairs grew on my head while watching......
There she goes full throttle...
I had to join the fun and "monitor" the safety of these two nut jobs!
Now on the flip side (I know this will come as a surprise) Brady wasn't as willing.....we had to persuade him to wear full armor and be covered in buzz light year....to feel safe....as well as convince him this is what "Aqua Man" does to save people.........
But eventually he got on.....the last thing I heard as they were taking off was "get me off this thing"
Then I watched him literally go the speed of manually pushing it.......and as they were coming back in I heard "YEA HAW COWBOY" so from somewhere around 0-1 mph he had fun.....such different comfort zones my kids have.

Here I thought they were having a Father/Daughter meaning of life conversation out there....come to find out he was giving a lesson on who Darth Vader, Princess Leah & Yoda were....
Just the ladies grabbing some sun before we went out skiing....Off on a pontoon dinner boat cruise...
Nothing screams "Yacht Club" like take out pizza!Captain Brady reporting to duty!
Captain wave runner calling it quits from all the action!Hey guys look at me....
Goodbye Lake and toys back to reality!!















No comments: