Monday, November 16, 2009

Forgotten Firsts....

Sometimes that second kid syndrome takes effect and reminds us that even some of these "big moments" that don't feel so "new" or "big" anymore....are just that ......."NEW" and "BIG" to one little guy who likes to have his turn and experience his "firsts" Cases in point......


Brooke: "Mom can Brady sleep in my room and have a sleepover?" (on Sunday)

Brady: "Yeah .....Yeah......Yeah....."

Mom: "Not tonight we have school tomorrow - how about we try Thursday night when we don't have to rush anywhere in the morning."

Brooke and Brady in unison "AWWHHHH"

Brooke on Monday : "Is it Thursday yet?"

Brooke on Tuesday: "Only two more days to go...."

Brooke on Wednesday " I can't wait for tomorrow"

Brooke on Thursday "I can't wait to go to bed tonight"

Mom: "What??" "What did you just say?" (since it has never been spoken from her two lips in 6 years...)

Brooke: "Tonight's our sleepover!!" - Seriously the kid forgets NOTHING!

Brady: YEAH ......YEAH.....YEAH.....


So Chris got them all set up with snacks, a movie, blow up mattress, kikis - the party was on......

Most would think - no big whoop but Brady just looked up and declared.....


"This is my most favorite sleepover EVER!!!"




Out Cold.



Another one that this little man o' mine surprised me with lately was his FIRST drop off birthday party the other week - Sans Sister....... As most of you know Brady isn't our kid that likes to be dropped into new situations and just run with it......but he had a few things going for him..... #1 the party was for a good friend he sees frequently #2 it was a super hero party and was required to wear his Batman ensemble. So He was excited when we packed up to go even made sure to remind me that Brooke doesn't go with us.......then on the way in the car the questions started.

Brady: "Mom your staying at the party right"

Mom: "Nope buddy its just for little guys like you"

Brady: "But you will be there right"

Mom: "No, Hon Ms. Stacy will be there and if you need anything she will help you."

Brady: "Oh Ms. Stacy OK........"

Then silence - he was really thinking it over trying to make sure he understood.....

Then I dropped him off and was sort of lingering watching him bomb out with Spider man, Robin, & Super girl, he was fine, but it was my feet that weren't moving......just stuck.... then Brady runs over to me and kisses me and whispers in my ear....

"Mom, I'm Okay"

One unemotional Munson had to make a quick dart for the back door for her little boy threw her a curve ball....... I don't know if I was more impressed that he didn't need me there or for the fact that he recognized that I was lingering and wanted to make it easier for me.....That boy.... it's hard not to love him more every day!










No comments: