Tuesday, November 17, 2009

YIKES.......

That is to put it lightly of what was really said when I looked in the mirror and discovered my first grey hair. Discovered being the operative word here.....let's be honest they have more likely than not always been there but have been disguised behind my age inappropriate blonde highlights! Well in an effort to get back to my roots so to speak and have my hair match my eyebrows for the first time in 15 years they seem to be popping up right and left and standing out like a hoard of Long John Silvers against this new brunette background. I am constantly telling people to just go grey (mostly men and my mom) I think it is distinguished looking and adds some character, however I couldn't give myself that same advice, somehow in the same breath that I tried to talk myself into embracing the white coarse spaghetti strands I did what any sane woman would do and that was to speed dial my stylist on speaker phone so I could manage the tweezers in my hand while making my appointment.......Mom I get it.....I get it.

No comments: