Monday, May 05, 2008

Mama's Boy........

They say it's a boy or man characterized by unusual closeness to his mother and boy did they hit the nail on the head with that one! Brady bugs is my lil boyfriend and definitely a mama's boy! He is so insistent on particular things with me that I find it very endearing albeit very amusing! For example.......
* If he gets hurt, even in the slightest fashion, he will fake cry and point to his area of infraction and come over to me until I kiss the spot and then immediately turns off the waterworks and turns around to continue whatever he was doing at the time.
*He is very particular in how we read books - he must back it up on my lap and gets frustrated if my legs are not Indian style (oh pardon me criss cross applesauce for those of you who were offended) - he literally will pull one of my legs in if it is sticking out in the least.
*He is an early riser - which most mornings I don't mind so much because this is his "on time" he literally cuddles and boarders on making out with me for the entire 1/2 hour before we have to get moving for the day......I love that part of the reason I need to go up and take a shower is that he has literally coated me with slobber in attempts at cuddling and wrestling all morning.
*Most nights before bed we read and have a nightcap cocktail in the rocker while listening to some music and I am sure I "pet" and "coddle" him more than any human should - but last night as I was trying to make bedtime "efficient" he took my finger and just put it on his cheek and stroked it as I normally do then onto the forehead and the hair - it was like he was saying....."oh no you didn't just try to put me to bed without the relaxing finger massage......."
So I am sure that this mommas boy thing will become a problem if it continues at the rate it is when he is older and married but for now - I will revel in it and enjoy every second, because as with anything it will be gone before I know it.

No comments: