Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Worst task ever!

Buying a car. Plain and simple. I mean you would think I would be all about it - it is "shopping" right? But not so much! There is nothing I like about it. Now I know this excites some people and they look forward to it...... but really I despise it. Everything about it:
The haggling, the research, the stereotypical sales person, the unknown in buying a used vehicle, the cost, the variety to choose from, the options, the warranties,the gas mileage EVERYTHING. Perhaps it's because I am just not a "car person" I really have no opinions on color, look, style etc.... I guess I request too items when looking at a car - good safety rating and can it get me from A to B. We unfortunately were in the position to purchase a car recently, and not for the fact that we wanted to - Good ol' Patty was laid to rest as Hubbie and Brooke took a digger from someone blatantly flailing out of their driveway and backing right into them! (No one was hurt :)) From the looks of the pix - it doesn't look that bad - but apparently a lot of damage underneath that the body shop even told us not to fix it......
So we were forced with the big decision mini van or another third row seat car...... and when it came down to it we settled on a good ol' four door sedan (it ain't a popular choice I know) but as we stare at the gas pump $3.99 today folks - unbelievable.....we asked ourselves do we really need an SUV or a MiniVan to haul ourselves to Meijers or softball practice for Pete's sake? I just can't stomach spending money on a car that will sit in our garage half the year since Chris works out of the house. Trust me if the kids car seats could attach to a moped we might have considered it. So hopefully this will carry us out a few more years until we get to that point of "hauling" kids, kid's friends, bikes, sporting equipment around town we will "sausage" ourselves in our lil' sedan and hopefully feel a sigh of relief when we are only spending $50 on a tank of gas (absurd - but true!) - But honestly I DREAD the next car shopping excursion that will come quicker than I could ever want!

No comments: