Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Foreshadowing......

I was driving in the car the other day thinking about what else ....my kids... but what struck me was how different the two of them are and I can already predict how their personalities are going to play such a big part in how the rest of their lives play out....This is how I envision it happening at this point in the game.....

My little Brooklyn I will not see that much of as she will be off running some game of tag and organizing some sort of club in high school.....She has already started to ask about college since we just visited ours, "you mean you get to LIVE at school" This one I see packing her bags and heading far away for college someday and then not returning home, she will be miss independent living in a big city and experiencing EVERYTHING! I love her zest for wanting to try and do EVERYTHING. My only hope is that she come back to visit us often or she will be threatened with us uprooting and moving in next door to her :)

Our little Brady man - appears to be the polar opposite he is a homebody. He loves to be involved with stuff when he is, but has no problem just hanging back at home reading a book or doing a puzzle. I sometimes take him somewhere and after about 10 minutes he just looks at me and says "Home." He on the other hand will go to college within five miles of home, he will have his mother/father do his laundry for the rest of his life and probably pay his parents rent for the remainder of his adulthood...... Sorry buddy the cooking will get no better so please venture off and experience all that life has to bring you when that time comes - but of course I will be waiting back home with a sippy cup of beer and I will pet your head as we snuggle and watch the nightly news together. That totally won't be weird when you are 21 - at least not in my eyes!

No comments: