Wednesday, October 01, 2008

No big shakes, just a quick update.......

I was on the phone with a friend today and she asked, "Man I haven't seen or talked to you in forever - what has been going on with you?" and sadly enough I didn't have much to report other than work, kids, dinner, bedtime.......but really that's it. We got no great stories to share - we are just coasting through enjoying the nuggets, embracing the change of season, and living life. So I have no grande post, just thought I would update everyone on a few items....

Chris got to go back to the "zoo" this past weekend and live like a bachelor with all his old croonies for his Alumni baseball game/golf tourney/bachelor party. I am not going to lie when the kids and I met him at the game on Sunday, single life is not that becoming on these old men. This group of young whippersnappers they are no more......I have never seen so many tired, dragging bodies trying to swing a bat. Staying out until all hours of the night, trying to relive memories....let's just say it is a little more apparent the next day. :) All in all he had a great time with the guys and the kids and I enjoyed watching the game and catching up with "the guys".

Brooke is loving life and school - she has deemed computer lab, gym & media center as some of her favorite classes (I know what ever happened to recess and kick the can?) But it suits her she is in her element and has already started to imitate her teachers little idiosyncrasies - I am just waiting for the southern drawl to come out (she is originally from North Carolina). She also has started soccer this season and she really seems to enjoy it. It is a nice class of skills v.s. just games scenarios so I think it will be a good stepping stone if she wants to continue with it in the future. She is also FULLY aware that today was October 1st and her B-day is in the near future!

Brady continues to make us laugh - he is getting quite the personality to him.

He is enjoying his new room at school and is starting to do some big boy things that are pretty cool! Oh and mom remember when you gave Brady a bike for his FIRST birthday.......and I was "seriously I am going to have to store that for 3 years before we pull it out" well bite my tongue Brady has been trying with persistence every day to ride it and the other day he just started pedaling.....big dude must do what he has to do to keep up with sister. We were pleasantly surprised at his new gig but just in time for it to feel practically like winter out today and it will have to be packed up until the spring anyway soon..... here is a video to capture the moment.....


No comments: