Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just calling to check in......

So after 6 hours of being away I phone my family to see how they are doing and let them know my plane landed and I am settled into my hotel......What I hear on the other end.......
"There has been sort of an accident" (as I hear blood curdling screams from both of the kids...) "Let me call you back our neighbor is about to SNAP Brooke's tooth back in...." Click.........
Really? I have been gone 6-7 hours and there is complete mayhem happening in the house and I am stuck in beautiful Kansas City for the next 5 days........ahhhh good times. So I anxiously await for the return phone call, I pace the hotel room, flip through the 10 stations about 400 times, organize my clothes, pace, try to have a conversation with my co-worker and act 1/2 way interested in what she is telling me.......
Then the call.....
"Okay here is what happened. The kids had friends over they were playing an intense game of "monster" Brady darted around the corner and Brooke darted around the other corner they connect head to jaw. Let me interject by saying we all know Brady has a large cranium, but now apparently it is made out of the same stuff bowling balls are made of....oh vey it is like a brick.... So Brooke hit with such force it actually knocked her front tooth backwards and it was hanging in back of her tooth line..... Luckily our neighbor is a dentist he came over after all the blood had been wiped up, Brady had been calmed down and examined her and literally SNAPPED her tooth back into place...... (my stomach is turning as I type this and somehow at the time I am thanking GOD for being in KC and not having to witness it!)" Chris then was the lucky recipient to take her to get Xrays the dentist said it will either tighten up or start to discolor and fall out. But he did confirm that she is YEARS away from her adult teeth coming down so oh sweet lord let this tooth adhere and stabilize.... did I mention if it gets infected they have to put her under to pull it out....Please Lord don't make me do it to both my kids one was ENOUGH! So anyway we have been eating a lot of SOFT foods & cutting up pieces as if she were an infant again.....but anything to avoid the following......
Thanks Hubbie for being Super Dad while I was gone - and dealing with this whole mess!

No comments: